The Kern County Bar Association (KCBA) provides leadership in advancing the professional interests of the membership and serving the legal interests of the community.
Our Goals are to:
- Promote professional development and improve participation by all members.
- Foster cooperation and goodwill between the legal profession and the community, and disseminate information to the public.
- Build and maintain programs to assure financial stability.
- Facilitate the use of technology in the practice of law.
As a component of our function we provide community resources such as:
- The Mandated Fee Arbitration Program
- The Indigent Defense Program
- The Lawyer Referral and Information Services Program (coming soon!)
Additionally, our organization supports and facilitates the KCBA Charitable Foundation, and the multitude of activities that the Charitable Foundation carries out to benefit the community, such as:
- The Constitution Day Book Giveaway Project
- The Ready – Set – Back 2 School Backpack Giveaway Project
- The Judge Arthur E. Wallace Scholarship
- The Open Doors to Courts for our High School Students and much, much more!
It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to provide the leadership in order for the organization to meet its mission and goals. It is the responsibility of the Staff to implement the leadership provided by the Board and to facilitate the actions necessary in order for the organization to carryout its mission and attain its goals. It takes a Team effort to make this happen, and we work hard at doing what we do – but we have fun and feel a sense of accomplishment in the process!
KCBA offers its (FTP) employees the following benefits:
- Group Medical Health Insurance
- Vacation Days
- Sick Pay
- Competitive Market-rate Compensation
If you are interested in joining our Team and being a part of the process please see below for available opportunities to join the KCBA Staff Team, and instructions on how to apply. Thank you for your interest in KCBA and our Team!
We are always accepting volunteers to help with our daily office needs and other programs as they come up! Do you think you might have a few hours a week to dedicate to the KCBA? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a volunteer application.
JOB OPENING AT KERN COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
Kern County Bar Association (KCBA) – Indigent Defense Program (IDP) Administrator (Attorney)
Kern County Bar Association is seeking qualified candidates for an attorney to serve as the Administrator for the KCBA Indigent Defense Program. Qualified candidates should possess strength in professional leadership and administration skills. The Administrator is responsible for a variety of administrative and business management processes, procedures, and policies; fiscal management and control; implementing effective systems to provide for changing requirements of IDP; and exercising, where appropriate, professional judgement and teamwork in resolving issues that may arise related to Program administration. Candidates must have (1) a Juris Doctoral Degree; (2) License to practice law in California in good standing; and (3) at least five years of legal experience as an attorney (some criminal law experience preferred but not required). A more complete job description may be seen HERE. Position salary range is $100k to $130k commensurate with experience and demonstrated ability. Position includes health insurance benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com .