Executive Director Position
Kern County Bar Association
Position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $65,000 – $85,000
The mission of the Kern County Bar Association (KCBA) is to promote professional development and improve participation by all members, foster cooperation and goodwill between the legal profession and the community, and disseminate information to the public; build and maintain programs to assure financial stability; and facilitate the use of technology in the practice of law.
The Executive Director reports to the KCBA Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, staff, programs, and strategic plan for the KCBA. Key duties include managing and overseeing 3 to 5 employees and the finances for KCBA and its charitable foundation as well as interacting effectively with the KCBA officers, board of directors, IDP Director, the membership and the public. The Executive Director represents KCBA both publicly and privately.
The ideal candidate for this position will come with experience in event planning and fundraising. They should also be proficient in the use of all relevant social media platforms and development of social media strategies. Skill in the use of QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and other computer software programs will be necessary for success in this role.
KCBA is looking for a candidate who is pleasant and has a helpful attitude with a desire to create a positive work experience for others. They must be attentive to detail and be able to work independently. The position requires someone who is adaptable to changing circumstances and is responsible. They must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing with a high proficiency and accuracy.
Overall, KCBA is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic and professional in supporting and representing the mission of KCBA to the community.
- Graduation from and accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent amount of education and experience sufficient to execute the duties of the position.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Executive or management level experience.
- Experience preparing, maintaining and reporting financial information, payroll, minutes and administrative paperwork.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Continue to develop and execute a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Supervise employees and volunteers in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Plan, assign, and direct the work of staff.
- Appraise performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Foster an effective and collaborative relationship with board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization and represent the organization at events to promote its mission and enhance its community profile.
- Plan, execute and lead several large events throughout the year.
- Plan and attend monthly meetings for Board of Directors, Charitable Foundation, Sections and Committee meetings as required.
- Ensure the operations of the organization are carried out with the highest quality, ethics and integrity.
- Build and develop organizational staff and volunteer leaders in a sustainable manner.
- Maintain a positive, healthy and safe work environment that attracts, keeps, and motivates team members.
- Oversee continued work of building a collaborative, transparent organizational culture.
- Ensure human resources policies, procedures and practices are implemented and applied fairly for all personnel.
- Oversee all operational and financial reporting activities of the organization.
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget, administer the funds according to the approved budget, monitor the monthly cash flow, and provide regular reports to the Board on the revenues and expenditure of the organization.
- Work with the Treasurer, oversee the administration of the budget and prepare progress reports for the Board.
- Oversee FEC, IRS, state and other relevant filings and disclosures to ensure reporting deadlines are met and filings are complete and accurate.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure relevant registered information such as address, bank account, etc. are updated immediately whenever there are changes to ensure compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.